Amytal sodium salt (synonym: amobarbital; 5-Ethyl-5-isoamylbarbituric acid) is a barbiturate drug and an inhibitor of Complex I.
Application in HRR
- Amy: Amytal (Amytal sodium salt, C11H17N2O3Na); Sigma A 4430, 50 g; M = 248.25 g·mol-1. The product is withdrawn from Sigma but some residual amounts are still available.
- Caution: Light sensitive and toxic!
- Preparation of 200 mM stock solution (dissolved in 99.9% ethanol):
- Weigh 49.65 mg of amytal.
- Dissolve in 10 mL 50% ethanol.
- Divide into 500 µL aliquots (use dark glass vials - light sensitive).
- Store at -20 °C.
MitoPedia topics: Inhibitor