La Jolla US, 2014 May 01-02. Oroboros O2k-Workshop on HRR and O2k-Fluorometry, IOC89. O2k-Network Lab »US CA La Jolla Felding-Habermann B
ORO, IOC, 2014, O2k-Network, MitoCom
Lecturers and tutors
Gnaiger Erich, CEO, Oroboros Instruments
Laner Verena; Project manager and application specialist, Oroboros Instruments
- We thank the local organizers and all participants for their enthusiasm and collaboration. We remember these two intensive days in a friendly atmosphere in the spirit of the Mitochondrial Physiology Network and Gentle Science. - Erich Gnaiger and Verena Laner, MiPNet Lab: AT Innsbruck Oroboros .
- It is a great opportunity to attend the workshop at La Jolla and I have learned so much from the training. Thanks a lot for the great help from you and Erich during this workshop! - Xiaolei Zhang, MiPNet Lab: US FL Orlando Goodpaster BH.
- I very much enjoyed the work shop when you and Erich were in La Jolla. I have already started to incorporate many of the details that I learned that day. - Ellen Breen, MiPNet Lab: US CA La Jolla Hogan MC.
Conference room for the O2k-Workshop
The Scripps Research Institute, Molecular and Experimental Medicine (MEM), 3545 Cray Court, San Diego, CA 92121 - also see MEM on the right hand side of the map
Signs to the conference room are posted in the lobby. Once you enter the lobby, turn right into the hallway, go all the way down the hall towards the Exit, but make a left into the last corridor and it is the door straight ahead.
Lab Dr. Brunie Felding-Habermann
Once you enter the lobby of the Molecular and Experimental building (3545 Cray Court), make a left into the hallway, and our lab is MEM-150, the first door to your left. However, the O2k-Workshop starts in the conference room.
Seminar Dr. Doug Wallace - Tues the 29th 5-6 pm
Dr. Wallace’s seminar will be located in the Keck Amphitheater in our Beckman Building at the main campus. Once you enter the building, there is a Security desk to your right and they can assist you in finding the amphitheater; it is on the lower level.
- New: »O2k-Core Manual.pdf
SUIT protocols for high-resolution respirometry
- Pesta D, Gnaiger E (2012) High-resolution respirometry. OXPHOS protocols for human cells and permeabilized fibres from small biopsies of human muscle. Methods Mol Biol 810:25-58. »Bioblast Access
- Gnaiger E (2008) Polarographic oxygen sensors, the oxygraph and high-resolution respirometry to assess mitochondrial function. In: Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Drug-Induced Toxicity (Dykens JA, Will Y, eds) John Wiley:327-52. »Bioblast Access
HRR and O2k-Fluorometry
- Eigentler A, Fontana-Ayoub M, Gnaiger E (2013) O2k-Fluorometry: HRR and H2O2 production in mouse cardiac tissue homogenate. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.05(01):1-6. »Open Access
- Gnaiger E (2012) Mitochondrial pathways and respiratory control. An introduction to OXPHOS analysis. 3rd ed. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.18. Oroboros MiPNet Publications, Innsbruck: 64 pp. »Open Access - handout to O2k-Workshop participants.
O2k-Workshops are listed as MitoGlobal Events.
- This workshop is a component of the K-Regio project MitoCom.