Mitochondrial respiration medium, MiRK03, modified after a medium described by Komary 2010 Biochim Biophys Acta, intended for use as medium for H2O2 production measurement with Amplex Red.
MitoPedia topics: Media for respirometry
|substance||MiRK03||molecular weight||for 1 l|
|EGTA||0.5 mM||380.35 g/mol||190.18 mg|
|MgCl2 x 6 H2O||3 mM||203.30 g/mol||609.90 mg|
|HEPES||20 mM||238.31 g/mol||4 766.2 mg|
|KCl||130 mM||74.56 g/mol||9 692.8 mg|
|KH2PO4||10 mM||136.09 g/mol||1 360.9 mg|
|BSA||1 mg/ml||-||1000 mg|
Preparation without BSA
- Weigh all ingredients (besides BSA) according to the table above and transfer them into a big glass beaker.
- Add about 750 mL H2O.
- Under stirring adjust the temperature to 25 °C.
- Adjust the pH to 7.12 with 5 M KOH.
- Adjust final volume to 1 L and divide in 40 mL portions.
- Store at -20 °C.
MiRK03 ph - temperature dependence
data recorded with MiRK03 without BSA (only averaged values are shown; two measurements were conducted)
|temperature [°C]||pH of MiRK03|
- For comparison see: Mitochondrial respiration media: comparison