- Mitochondria and Cell Research - the Oroboros Ecosystem - cooperation and feedback in science
- We thank you for your positive feedback. This is the energy that fuels our developments and encourages us to strive towards further optimization and innovation, along the lines and cycles of the Oroboros, in the spirit of Gentle Science. Thank you for your collaboration! - The Oroboros-Team
- I attended the international Oroboros course on high-resolution respirometry in Innsbruck, Austria, in which I was exposed to new techniques in conducting mitochondrial research. This has helped me stay up-to-date with the latest research in the mitochondria field, which could potentially give rise to new directions in our search for a therapy for HFpEF. Koay YenChin, O2k-Network Lab AU Sydney Kong S (2023)
- I would like to thank you and the rest of the team at Oroboros once again for your excellent service and getting this module for the O2k sent with such a fast turnaround. I appreciate it so much. Alder Nathan, O2k-Network Lab US CT Mansfield Alder N (2022)
- Thank you so much for inviting me to the Bioblast2022 meeting. It truly was fabulous. Great science. Great organization. Great personalities. Great accommodation. Great food and drink. Richard Porter, Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute , IE (2022)
- The video support section describing several aspects of the O2k system is an incredible resource for users, and I would only suggest to add as many videos as possible. Definitively, we felt really comfortable following the videos and, in my opinion, it is one of the best sections in the website for users. - Timon-Gomez Alba, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA (2021)
- Thanks for helping us get the Oroboros unit. We're enjoying it so much we're considering buying a second unit to increase throughput. - Christopher Auger, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, USA (2021)
- The video support describing the technical aspects of operating and servicing the O2Ks are a fantastic resource for users. I have also used the troubleshooting flowchart to diagnose and self-service routine issues. The active user forums and O2k-Network serve as a rich source of protocols, shared knowledge, and information on all topics related to bioenergetics and mitochondria. - Timothy Koves, O2k-Network lab: US NC Durham Koves TR (2021)
- I provided my .dld files and my doubts were answered fast and clearly. - Tremblay Nelly , Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research, DE (2021)
- Our O2ks Rosie and Rupert (O2ks) returned to service today. The best kind of equipment is the reliable, robust, low maintenance kind. - Terri Pietka, O2k-Network lab: US MO St Louis Abumrad NA (2020)
- What I liked the most about the Virtual On-site Visit was the helpful disposition of the Oroboros Team. They made this course possible amidst the current situation (COVID-19). - Ayelen Melina Santamans Recchini, Spanish National Centre for Cardiovascular Research (CNIS), Spain (2020)
- "It has been a pleasure to work with your Oxygraph-devices during the last 13 years. Extremely robust machines." - Therkelsen Arent Ib, O2k-Network Lab: DK Copenhagen Quistorff B (2019)
- "Instruments used to measure respiration in isolated mitochondria primarily include Oroboros O2k (Oroboros Instruments) and Seahorse XF Analyzers (Agilent). In the present review, the Oroboros O2k is primarily focused on because of its advantage in accuracy relative to Seahorse XF Analyzers which are designed for high-throughput qualitative measurements " (page 6). - Lewis MT, Kasper JD, Bazil JN, Frisbee JC, Wiseman RW (2019) Quantification of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in metabolic disease: application to Type 2 diabetes. Int J Mol Sci 20:5271. - »Bioblast link«
- "And the O2ks are performing wonderfully! They are very well made and the software is great. " - Bazil Jason N, O2k-Network Lab: US MI East Lansing Bazil JN (2018)
- "The O2k is doing great! We’ve gotten a tremendous amount of useful data from it. " - Fessel Joshua Patrick, O2k-Network Lab: US TN Nashville Fessel JP (2018)
- "The O2k is working great – it truly is a workhorse that is very amenable to human subjects research." - Puskarich Michael A (2018).
- "The Oroboros high-resolution respirometer [...] can perform multiple injections sequentially for substrates and chemicals. This makes the Oroboros more flexible for comparison purposes." - Li Z, Gupte AA, Zhang A, Hamilton DJ (2017) Pet imaging and its application in cardiovascular diseases. Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J 13:29-33.
- I wanted to let you know that I am so impressed with your group and their beneficial and fun activities. You seem to have developed a model organization. - James F Haney, Prof PhD, Department of Biological Sciences, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA (2017)
- Thanks for your incredible machines!! - Mike Ihnat, Associate Professor of Pharmacology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences OU College of Pharmacy.
- We have expanded our use of the O2k for blood based bioenergetic profiling to several studies and I am very impressed with the results. - Anthony Molina, O2k-Network Lab: US NC Winston-Salem Molina AJA (2016).
- Science would be more efficient if the Oroboros philosophy was applied in all domains. Thank you. - Participant of IOC115
- Thank you for your work in creating the Gentle Science community and amassing the wealth of information at the Bioblast wiki. My experiences working with your machine have been immensely enlightening - Patel Miraj, O2k-Network Lab: US PA Philadelphia Barsotti RJ (2015).
- We are more than happy with the O2k. In fact, it is one of the most useful instruments we have in both our laboratories. - Jirka Neuzil; O2k-Network Labs: CZ Prague Neuzil J, AU Queensland Neuzil J (2014).
- "High resolution designs (i.e., O2k, OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS) maximize respirometric sensitivity and precision (minimal O2 leak and highly sensitive electrodes), reducing the biological sample size required. Software advances in flux derivations of changes in chamber PO2 also permit real-time reporting of respiratory kinetics (Datlab, OROBOROS INSTRUMENTS), which improves data analyses over other systems requiring visual assessments of steady-state kinetics." - Perry CG, Kane DA, Lanza IR, Neufer PD (2013) Methods for assessing mitochondrial function in diabetes. Diabetes 62: 1041-53. » PMID: 23520284. O2k-Network Labs: CA Guelph Holloway GP, CA Toronto Perry CG, US NC Greenville Neufer PD, CA Antigonish Kane DA, US MN Rochester Nair KS (2013).
- We love our O2k. We have performed measurements in more than 300 muscle biopsies to date, and Paul Coen and I just got a paper accepted in Journal of Gerontology highlighting the measurements related to function in the elderly. - Bret Goodpaster, O2k-Network Lab: US FL Orlando Goodpaster BH (2012).
- We are so happy with the performance of our two Oroboros machines that we are considering buying a couple more. We tested permeabilized muscle fibers and liver samples, always obtaining an excellent performance. The resolution of the machines goes largely beyond my most optimistic expectations and, so far, I am very positively impressed with their accuracy and experimental possibilities! - Carlos Canto, O2k-Network Lab: CH Lausanne Canto C (2012).
- Thank you for creating such a wonderful apparatus, it made my work so much easier and much more fun. Thanks also for a great course in Schroecken in the spring of 2009, unforgettable! - Malou Friederich-Persson; DatLab is a fabulous software - so easy to use. - Frederik Palm, O2k-Network Lab: SE Uppsala Liss P (2012).
- ... For an independent perspective on the Oroboros O2k, we think they are fantastic, fullstop. We have had no real issues in almost four years. I started with the general system which requires water baths etc and really it was baptism of fire, and when we got the Oroboros O2k it was a different world. Our only issue now is we need more of them now. Perhaps the best part of our dealings with Oroboros is Erich's groups outstanding efforts to provide detailed methods and protocols for both the machines and experiments... . - Anthony JR Hickey, O2k-Network Lab: NZ Auckland Hickey AJ (2009).
- We continue to "spread the word" about the Oroboros with our colleagues at meetings and conferences. As with all quality products, I'm not surprised to hear that demand is steady, even in the face of economic hardships. Yours has the added benefit of sophisticated science and precision manufacturing, which exponentially increases its value. Darrell Neufer and I have a big paper being published in JCI on this upcoming Monday (on-line first). There is Oroboros data all over it. Many more papers are currently being written, as we've been using our O2k's at maximal capacity for the past two years! Would it be possible for you to send a small stack of your "Blue Book of Mitochondria" with the new O2k? It's really an invaluable resource for students and new people that join the lab. - Ethan J Anderson, O2k-Network Lab: US NC Greenville Anderson EJ (2009).
- I have several papers in the pipeline that utilize respiration as our primary variable. The O2k was one of the best investments I ever made. - James P Bennett , O2k-Network Lab: US VA Richmond Bennett JP (2008).
- I would like to congratulate the Oroboros-team for the software that really works beautifully. People who did it are really clever (know how someone using an oxygraph works). - Frederic Bouillaud, O2k-Network Lab: FR Paris Bouillaud F (2008).
- Beyond the highlights » more O2k-Feedback