Bioblast Agenda - 2023 week 49
- Oroboros declares solidarity against the Russian aggression-war in Ukraine.
- »More details
2023 Week 49
|| Is DatLab 8 compatible with your operative system?|
The DatLab 8 software is designed for 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems and does not run on MAC devices.
- »DatLab 8«
- communicated by »Leo Elettra« and »Baglivo Eleonora«
||"The capacity of FA oxidative phosphorylation (F-OXPHOS) with palmitoylcarnitine was up to 4 times higher than respiration with octanoylcarnitine. The optimal concentration of palmitoylcarnitine was 10 μM which corresponds to the total concentration of LC acylcarnitines in the brain."|
- Cecatto C, Cardoso LHD, Ozola M, Korzh S, Zvejniece L, Gukalova B, Doerrier C, Dambrova M, Gnaiger E, Makrecka-Kuka M, Liepinsh E (2023) Fatty acid β-oxidation in brain mitochondria: Insights from high-resolution respirometry in mouse, rat and Drosophila brain, ischemia and aging models. MitoFit Preprints 2023.10. https://doi.org/10.26124/mitofit:2023-0010
- from the O2k-Network »AT Innsbruck Oroboros« and »LV Riga Liepins E«
||"(…) L-Erg [L-Ergothioneine] treatment prevented and delayed cystine lithiasis in a cystinuria mouse model by increasing urinary cystine solubility and restored kidney GSH content and OXPHOS function." |
- Mayayo-Vallverdú C, López de Heredia M, Prat E, González L, Espino Guarch M, Vilches C, Muñoz L, Asensi MA, Serra C, Llebaria A, Casado M, Artuch R, Garrabou G, Garcia-Roves PM, Pallardó FV, Nunes V (2023) The antioxidant l-Ergothioneine prevents cystine lithiasis in the Slc7a9-/- mouse model of cystinuria »Bioblast link«
- from the O2k-Network »ES Barcelona Moren C« and »ES Barcelona Garcia-Roves PM«
2023 Week 50
- Dec- 11 Mo - International Mountain Day
||Mountain slopes can be difficult, but O2 slopes can be smooth with DatLab|
The default setting of Slope smoothing is 40 data points, corresponding to an interval of 80 s at a data recording interval of 2 s. DatLab 7 expresses it in data points and DatLab 8 in seconds.
- »Smoothing in Flux/Slope«
- communicated by »Timon-Gomez Alba« and »Baglivo Eleonora«
||From preprint to Gold Open Access publication in J Biol Chem|
- Gnaiger E (2023) Complex II ambiguities ― FADH2 in the electron transfer system. »Bioblast link«
||"HCR [High capacity runner rats] showed a consistent and robust trend of higher maximal oxygen consumption compared to LCR [low capacity runner rats], especially for long chain FAs [fatty acids]." |
- Fleischman JY, Van den Bergh F, Collins NL, Bowers M, Beard DA, Burant CF (2023) Higher mitochondrial oxidative capacity is the primary molecular differentiator in muscle of rats with high and low intrinsic cardiorespiratory fitness. »Bioblast link«
- from the O2k-Network »US MI Ann Arbor Beard DA«
Join Mito & Chlora for discussing latest trends on all topics from bioenergetics to mitochondrial diseases.
- Date: 2024 August 26 – 31
- Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Oroboros of the month