- AussieMit is organizing biennial mitochondrial research conferences and looks at advancements in medicine, drug trials, and the latest treatment and diagnostic options. In 2016, the conference took place in Sydney and was attended by more than 100 researchers from seven countries.
- Presentations covered the following areas of research:
- Clinical and basic mitochondrial disease research,
- mitochondria in Parkinson’s Disease and other neurodegenerative disorders,
- mitochondrial metabolism and aging, mitochondrial stress an quality control,
- basic mitochondrial biology and model systems for mitochondrial research.
The next AussieMit will take place in 2018. Details on the event will be listed on our page MitoGlobal Events.
Reference: AussieMit 2016
MitoPedia topics: MitoGlobal Organizations