Belgrade RS, 13-16 Oct 2019. 14th Conference on Mitochondrial Physiology: Mitochondrial function: changes during life cycle and in noncommunicable diseases - COST MitoEAGLE perspectives and MitoEAGLE WG and MC Meeting.
Website in progress
Lalic Nebojsa, University of Belgrade, RS
Krako Jakovljevic Nina, University of Belgrade, RS
- Local executive organizer: Smart travel PCO
- Rectorate Building of the University of Belgrade
- Studentski trg 1, Beograd, Serbia
- Google Map
- will open shortly
How to get there
Belgrade is easily accessed by plain (direct flights from major European cities), as well as by other means of transportation.
The entrance visa is not needed for EU countries and for a significant number of other countries (please verify at the Embassy of Serbia).
Belgrade Nikola Tesla airport is located 18 km west of Belgrade center.
- The cheapest way to travel between the airport and the city center is by bus. A1 minibus takes you to Slavija square in the center of Belgrade. It departs every 20 minutes during the day, and every hour after 19:20 (7:20 PM). The ticket can be purchased in the bus and the price is 300 RSD (2.5 EUR).
- Bus line information
- How to get from Slavija square to the venue
- The Rectorate building is located at one of the central city squares, Studentski trg (Students square). You can take the bus 31 or 29A, or minibus E9 from Slavija square to Terazije, and then it is a 5 minute walk through the pedestiran zone - Knez Mihailova street, to get to Studentski trg. The price for the ticket is 150 RSD (1.2 EUR) if bought on the bus, and just 89 RSD (0.7 EUR) if bought at the newspaper stand.
Local Bus 72
- There is also a local bus line, number 72, takes approx. 40 minutes. It takes you to Zeleni Venac in the center of Belgrade, from where you can walk to the venue at Students square. The bus departs every half an hour from 4 AM to 11:40 PM. The price for the ticket is 150 RSD (1.2 EUR) if bought on the bus, and just 89 RSD (0.7 EUR) if bought at the newspaper stand.
- Bus line PDF
- Make sure you have local currency, Serbian dinars, because other currencies are not accepted (there are exchange offices and ATMs at the airport that are open 24/7).
- The easiest and safest way to get a taxi at the airport is to go to the Taxi info desk that is located in the baggage claim area, and the staff will order you a taxi and tell you the exact price for your destination. The price is 10-15 EUR for all destinations in the wider city center area.
- Airport Taxi information
How to get to the venue
- The Rectorate building is located at one of the central city squares, Studentski trg (Students square). You can take the bus 31 or 29A, or minibus E9 from Slavija square to Terazije, and then it is a 5 minute walk through the pedestiran zone - Knez Mihailova street, to get to Studentski trg.
COST MitoEAGLE reimbursement
- 2. Priority will be given to members of Inclusiveness Target Countries, to participants with specific presentations and to participants who will attend the entire event (Conference and Working Group Meeting).
- 4. The COST MitoEAGLE reimbursement will cover the local costs (accommodation with 60€/night flat rate and meals with 20€ flat rate) and travel expenses. Registration fees can not be reimbursed.
» Notification of MitoEAGLE reimbursement will be given until Sep 15rd. Reimbursement rules: COST_MitoEAGLE_reimbursement_information
ITC Conference Grant
- max of 5 participants will be awarded with the ITC Conference Grant.
- Who can apply:Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC.
- Task: The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC.
- How to apply
- 1. Register for the MiP2019/MitoEAGLE conference
- 2. Contact the local organizer with the wish to apply for the ITC Conference Grant
- 3. Send an abstract to email@example.com and to the local organizer
- 4. The decision will be made by the COST Action Chair and the local organizer
- 5. As soon as the decision was made you will receive instruction on how to apply on COST
Application deadline: will be announced soon
ORO, Next, 2019, MitoEAGLE, MiP, MitoGlobal
Listed under MitoGlobal Events.